Sovereign2SilverStar Ski Marathon
Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre and SilverStar Mountain Resort are teaming up to present the third annual Sovereign2SilverStar Ski Marathon. A point to party event with two of everything: two styles (classic and free), two distances each day (42km and 21km), and two ski areas (start at Sovereign Lake and finish on Main Street of SilverStar village).
Finishing is Winning: After the ‘competitive’ waves start, the smaller ‘fun’ waves will be spaced out to allow everyone to enjoy their time on the trails. With the largest daily groomed network of Nordic trails in Canada, there are no laps or repeated trail sections, just a lot of scenery.
The two areas are working together to build an adventure that carries on well after the skiing is done. When you get to the finish line you're just getting started as the party gets underway at the great local restaurants and bars.
- April 6th, Saturday, 2024: Classic Technique: your choice of 42km or 21km.
- April 7th, Sunday, 2024: Skate Technique: your choice of 42km or 21km.
- Start in a World Cup stadium at Sovereign Lake, finish on Main Street in SilverStar village.
- Stop at a food station, take pictures at the viewpoints, experience the trails with small wave starts to allow more room to appreciate the scenery.
- Build your own experience: choose between competitive and fun waves, ride the gondola on a sunny afternoon, add a multisport experience 20 minutes drive to the valley below