What's On in February
Check out our monthly round up what is going on and what the locals are up to in February. Winter is in full swing and typically the snow is at its prime during this part of the season. February also means Vernon Winter Carnival is on and celebrating their 64th year as one of Western Canada's largest winter festivals.
Celebrate the 64th Annual Vernon Winter Carnival
Vernon Winter Carnival festivities begin on Friday, February 2nd and there are daily events happening throughout the two weeks till Sunday, February 11th. New this year is the Cocktail Competition happening at various bars and restaurants around Vernon.
February Featured Itinerary
Embark on a 10 day journey of winter wonder at the 64th Annual Vernon Winter Carnival, running from February 2nd to 11th. Whether you're flying solo or joining in with friends and family, our guide is...
- Get creative with kids at the Mini Artists program at the Vernon Public Art Gallery
- Check out the newest exhibit 'Earth in Focus: Insights from Space' at the Okanagan Science Centre
- Go indoor climbing at the Rock Garden Climbing Centre
- Learn about the wonderful world of honey bees at Planet Bee Honey Farm and taste 10 fun flavours of honey
Sip, Dine and Explore
- Marten Brewing Company is under new ownership and is expanding their food menu and adding new rotating taps of their craft beers.
- Enjoy one of Vernon’s newest restaurants, Masiero Pizzeria Napoletana, for delicious wood-fired pizza.
- Embark on our hot sips trail and warm up with a hot drink from some of our favourite coffee shops like Bean to Cup.
- Treat your valentine to a date night out at one of our romantic and cozy restaurants like Phoenix Steakhouse and Bar, Intermezzo Restaurant and Wine Cellar or Range Lounge and Grill at Predator Ridge
Arts & Culture
- Head to the Museum and Archives of Vernon for their rotating feature exhibit 'Our Living Languages: First Peoples' Voices in BC. Check out the interactive stations for an opportunity to learn about complexity of these languages and the people and communities that are trying to document and revitalize them. This exhibit will be open through till May.
- Check out the current exhibitions at the Vernon Public Art Gallery with Beautiful Parasites by Tammy Salzl, Through the Gardens by Laurence Belzile and Jessie Emilie x Eye Factory: Reconnection. You can catch these artist work on display now through March 5th.
- The Vernon Community Arts Centre invites you to explore "Altered Realities, Abstracted Creations", their February exhibit featuring a range of paintings, sculptures and prints from Okanagan artists. If you are looking for a fun evening activity this time of year, check out their drop-in art classes like Clay and Cabernet or Paint and Pint Nights.
- All lifts are open and now is the time to head up to SilverStar Mountain Resort for skiing and snowboarding.
- Grooming conditions at Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre are top notch right now. Enjoy night cross-country skiing every week on Tuesdays - Thursdays.
- Explore the snow covered forest by headlamp during a snowshoe out to the Black Prince Cabin for a candlelit dinner by Uprooted Kitchen. Check out more unique dining experiences in one of our latest blogs.
- Head out for a walk in the Trails Capital of BC and explore the scenic viewpoints of Kalamalka Lake and Okanagan Lake. Jade/Juniper Bays are beautiful this time of year with a blanket of snow at Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park. Snowshoes or ice cleats are highly recommended, condition dependent.